Friday Dance Symposiums with Dr. RAS Mikey Courtney
Movement Matters: Friday Dance Symposiums are curated by Dr. RAS Mikey C. Movement Matters will be the platform for movement artist, industry, and educational professionals, researchers, faculty, students, staff, and the public to share ideas about research, works, and experiences that relate to the general theme, “Movement Matters”.
These symposiums will feature special guest presenters from various sectors of our field, sub-topics highlighting our special guests, student proctors, and, most importantly, you and your opinions on why or how “movement matters”.
Schedule of guests/topics below:
- Sept. 18: Joseph Webb (Divine Rhythm Productions)
- Sept. 25 or Oct. 2: Anthony Burrell (Branding in Concert, Commercial, Studio)
- Oct. 9: Dr. Anya Peterson Royce (The Anthropology of Movement)
- Oct. 16: Open Discussion
- Oct. 23: Jennifer Harge (A Local Lens)
- Oct. 30: “Sabia” of Mandinga Capoeira Detroit (Capoeira: Resistance, Community, Culture)
- Nov. 6: Adam “Ade Ola” Pascale (Orisha)
- Nov. 13: Wanjiru Kamuyu (Global Africanist Lens)
- Nov. 20: TBD
- Dec. 4: TBD
- Dev. 11: TBD
Dr. RAS Mikey C